Dear gentle reader,
After 114 days (16 weeks +), my 4 months in Beirut have come to an end. Tonight I'll take a taxi to the Beirut airport for the trip home to Chicago.
I depart from Beirut at a critical moment in Lebanon's recent history. In recent days, the cabinet of the national government dissolved itself. Negotiations to form a new cabinet are going slowly. The whole country awaits the publication of the findings of the International Tribunal Lebanon regarding who assassinated Prime Minister Harari & his body guards in March, 2005.
Meanwhile theological education and church life goes on as usual at NEST. Christians in this region are toughened by surviving years of civil war and persecution in places like Iraq.
I hope you have enjoyed reading & seeing the pictures in 'Nesting in Beirut.' If you are interested in more information about studying or visiting the Near East School of Theology, please go to their website at www.theonest.edu.lb. Or send me an email message at my office: rcathey@mccormick.edu
Faithfully,
Robert Cathey
No comments:
Post a Comment